Jio Fiber was released in competition with other fiber services available in India. With competitive pricing and lucrative offerings, Jio Fiber became popular among Indian users. Jio has maintained a good name among the users because of their plans and customer service.
But no matter how good Jio Fiber is, you can face issues at any time. One such issue common to Jio Fiber is the red light blinking issue.
If you encounter the Jio Fiber red light blinking, you won’t be able to use the internet. If you are looking for a guide to help you fix the Jio Fiber red light blinking issue, then this article will help you with it; read this guide to know more:
What does Jio Fiber Red Light Blinking Mean?
The blinking red light on the Jio Fiber is having trouble receiving signals. It can be due to problems with the cable, scheduled maintenance, unpaid bills, or issues from the end of your ISP.
If you see the blinking red light on your Jio Fiber, you will face trouble using the internet. Generally, this issue gets resolved on its own and won’t last long unless it is caused by your end.
How to Fix Jio Fiber Red Light Blinking?
Now that you know what is causing Jio Red light blinking issues, let’s go through some troubleshooting steps to fix it:
Before continuing ahead, we suggest you restart your router. If the issue was due to a technical glitch, then it should be fixed by a simple restart. You can do this by following the steps given below-
- Turn off your router using the power button.
- After this, unplug all the cables from the router.
- Wait a minute, and then connect all the cables back to the router.
- Turn on your router and see if you still face the issue.
Pay Any Pending Bills
If you have any pending bills, Jio will temporarily disable your Jio Fiber, and you will get the red blinking light on your Jio Fiber router. Look for pending bills and pay them to avoid such issues. You can use the MyJio app to pay your pending bills by following the steps given below-
- Open the MyJio app on your phone/tablet.
- On the home screen, you will see the active plan.
- If there’s no active plan, then your Jio Fiber recharge has expired, and you will have to pay for the plan to continue using your service.
- You will have the option to pay the bill on the home screen; you can pay your bill from there.
Once you have done your recharge, you will have to wait for a few minutes, and your service will be activated. You can now use the internet without facing the Jio Fiber red light blinking issue.
If there are no pending bills, but you still face the issue, then you should move to the next troubleshooting step in this article.
Check for Loose or Damaged Cables
Ensure the optic fiber connected to your router is not loosely connected. Check both ends of the cable to see whether they are properly connected.
Also, check whether the cable is damaged or not. Optic fiber easily gets damaged with slight pressure and bends, due to which you will face issues connecting to the internet. If the cable is damaged, you must contact the Jio to replace it. Follow the next step to know how to contact Jio customer support.
Reach Out to Jio Customer Support
If you are still facing the issue even after following the above steps, you must contact Jio Customer Support to solve the issue. You can contact Jio customer support through the following ways-
If you have the MyJio app, then you can follow the steps given below to contact Jio Customer Support-
- Open the MyJio app.
- Tap on Jio Care at the bottom bar.
- Now, tap on Chat with us.
- Tap on Switch at the top to switch to Jio Fiber (only if you have multiple Jio Services connected to the same account).
- Now, you can chat with Jio customer support and explain the issue you have been facing.
The Jio Fiber red light blinking issue should be fixed on its own. However, if the issue is not resolved on its own, you can follow the steps we have mentioned above to fix it.